Here's a little bit about the stencils!
The DesignThe idea we had was to try to put as many useful map-related things in one spot as we could.
This meant three things:
- Symbols often used on a map, but that were hard to draw.
- Blast / cone templates for area effect stuff (like fireballs and rocket launchers).
- A functional ruler.
And so, this was what we came up with:
You can see how this works:
1. The symbols all over typically are hard to draw; the lines being accurate divisions for angles.
2. The basic shape of the whole stencil, including the large spaces, allows for the most common sizes of cones and blasts. (The arcs are divided at 1" intervals.)
3. The bottom edge of the stencil is designed to be a ruler (although this silhouette doesn't show that).
A Slight CorrectionSo, ever so long ago, we were a little surprised to find that the material that one of our original suppliers used had shrunk slightly. This meant that the ruler, and the basic shapes for the blast radii and cones, was off by a little bit. (The 8" ruler was only about 7.35")
The supplier we are working with right now for the stickers (an update for those should be very soon!) also now be making these stencils. And they are actually located close to where Jerry lives, so that makes checking in very easy and frequent.
A Tiny VideoJust a quick visual of them!
Upcoming NewsWe want to put updates out more frequently, but the samples have been a bit slow to come lately. Part of the challenge involved with that is that we can't just get a production-quality sample, we have to have an actual production run. This makes confirmation about what we're going to get a big, big step. Having experienced problems with that in the past, we're preferring to take our time. However, this is a factory renown for actually getting it right on the first try, so we're just following their processes to make sure it happens that way. Unfortunately, this means less-than-interesting updates.
For now, everything still seems to be on track! Aptus assures us that this is the case, and that we are still moving along at a slightly-faster-than-average pace for a new product.
This week we should also have a look at the corrected stickers!
So, if you have any questions, feel free to email us any time! Sometimes we get backed up and it takes us a little time, but we always get around to responding to everyone.
And as always, thanks for supporting us!